Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rest

Isa 30:15For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel: "In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

This is one of my all time favorite verses.  In all of the stuff of life under the sun, I absolutely love rest.  Not necessarily a nap or vacation, (although some days those are quite welcome) but the rest that is deep, thorough, healing.  The rest that can only come from the One who said of His work, "It is finished!".

True rest does not come from our outward circumstances.  There is happiness for sure when things go our way.  But that peace that passes all understanding, who can truly wrap their mind around it? It is too awesome for words.

The rest of God is a place I want to dwell.  Through the storms.  Through the quakes.  Through the doubts.  There is a place under the shadow of His wings that I love to go. He knows my frame, and does not chide me when I want to hide in Him.  He calls me there.  Again and again. He knows it's what I need.

What a wonderful Lord we serve.  He offers us rest all through the journey.  He sympathizes with our weakness and knows how to truly strengthen us for the days ahead.  He is for us, with us, ahead of us. I find it a privilege to rest in this wonderful, mighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment