Saturday, March 23, 2013

Welcome Spring!

Not much to look at yet, but it's spring in Colorado! 
I love God's seasons.  And even though autumn really is the best, I think spring has got to be a close second.  
Tulips, daffodils, bird songs filling the neighborhood, relief that winter is just about over, and anticipation for new things on the horizon.  God is good.


Time for an old tradition in our home.  Sugar.  Oops, I mean bird's nests.
I started doing these years ago, when my older boys were little.  Back before I got the Vitamix.  A little fun for the new season.


Sarah and Ellie help big sister melt butterscotch chips and then add chow mein noodles.


The kids took the chow mein mixture and formed little nests, then dropped in jelly beans for eggs. Emma is quite proud of them.


Tommy doesn't want to wait for the cookies to be done.


Nat pops something yummy in.


And here they are!  Most of them ended up looking more like run-over spiders, but I'm sure I'm the only one who noticed.  Besides, they don't ever last long enough to look at.


Happy kiddos. Emma (10), Tommy (11), and Hannah (13).  Notice how the oldest here is ever-so-sweetly pulling away from brother...More on raising teenagers another time!
Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment