Monday, March 11, 2013

Why I Love Our Vitamix

Ever wonder why in the world anyone would pay $350 for a blender? I'll tell you why.  Because they're feeling older and can't keep up with their children!  That's our reason, anyhow...Last year, after much research and discussion, we made the plunge.  And we have been having fruits and veggies for breakfast just about every morning ever since.

This thing is a powerhouse.  You can be sure you won't be downing any bits or chunks of produce in your smoothie!  


I usually make one for Kenny and I before the kids are up.  Then about 4 days a week, I make one for everyone else.  Our boys insist on them during tournament season.  They're too nervous to eat anything, and this is a great way to get in some good nutrients for the day.
I'm not one to fall for quick fixes and energy drinks and all that, but I really do feel better having these.  They're easy to digest and packed with vitamins.  It's like having salad for breakfast, but much more palatable!
Here is one of my favorite VItamix recipes:


  • 1 medium orange, peeled
  • 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, core included
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 cup kale
  • 2 wedges green cabbage
  • 1 cup frozen unsweetened berries
  • 1 banana, peeled, fresh or frozen
  • 1 cup ice cubes




No comments:

Post a Comment