Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Power of Hope



My husband shared the message at church today.  It was basically his life's story- the testimony of how God had saved him and orchestrated things in his life.  Kenny didn't grow up knowing the ways of God.  But God reached down and met him, when my husband called out. There were parts of the message where I cringed; Kenny is a very open person.  There were parts where I cried; he shared of his salvation.  There were parts where I laughed; my husband is a bit goofy, you might say. Through it all, the message I heard was that God is good, beyond even what we can see.  
It truly is a marvel to get to hope in the living God. The God we can't fully see, fully hear, fully know.  We are waiting to meet Him face to face. Until we do, life isn't easy very often.  It is rich and there is much blessing, but it isn't easy.  The world around us is hurting.  There is darkness and pain.  Our own burdens seem too heavy to carry at times. We have many questions, and can't always be certain of our future.  But one thing is certain.  Our good God is on the throne.  And for a fallen human to be able to put their hope in that God is a grand thing. A very grand thing indeed.
A few days ago, I was close to having a meltdown.  Okay, so I actually had the meltdown Friday night.  Everything just felt so weighty.  News headlines. Children changing into young adults in wobbly ways.  Feeling that we will never ever get this house ready to sell.  Illness. Fears about the future.  I was praying.  And I found this message written on the inside of an empty orange box, on the floor of my bedroom. Can you guess who wrote it?
But Jesus Came Into my Hart


'The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood; and the Lord sits as King forever.' Ps. 29:10

'You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.' Ps. 119:114

'Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope' Ps. 16:9

'...that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us.'  Acts 17:27

No comments:

Post a Comment