Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Strange Summer


'Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary.  His understanding is unsearchable." Isaiah 40:28

What a Wonderful God we serve.

This Mama is in her reflective mood tonight...
Already I feel the weather changing just a bit.  And if you know me at all, you know that makes me very happy.  But I also feel a good bit out of sorts, as does the rest of my family.  Here we are heading into early fall (yes, it does 'fall' early in Colorado) and we feel we didn't ever get much of a summer.  Just a big blur, it was, of pushing forward and working hard, then holding still, and now pushing forward and working hard again.  It's such a strange thing to feel displaced and unfamiliar.  And at times it has been downright hard for us. We've not only started over physically, but we have many relationships that have changed, and some of those have been tough. 
An elder and his family left our church last month and others have followed. Our neighbors are strangers.  Our older children have relationships that are changing, and some are painful and disappointing.  I think we are all feeling the toll it takes to uproot and move a family from one home to another, from one town to another, from city to country, from familiar and well-worn to awkward and different.  I am a steady. And I am getting older. And as much as we really like our new place, I'm kinda hopin' we don't have to do this again for a long time!
Bear with us, we are
just a bit weary at the moment!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you friend! Some things in life can be so painful! So thankful to know that God is good! So thankful that He never changes! I'll say a prayer for you if you pray for me!!! Oh, and I love your genuineness! Love, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR REFLECTIONS AND PICTURE PERFECT! You have such a gift for writing and reflecting and communicating what you're feeling. GOD BLESS YOU, HONEY, AND TRY TO RELAX AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE JOURNEY. LOVE, YOUR MOM

    ReplyDelete