Monday, September 30, 2013

German Memory Pancakes

When I was growing up, we had a beautiful home, and my mom ran it well. There was always something deliciously homemade cooking in the kitchen.  Sometimes, especially in the fall and winter, I am transported back to my childhood home, just by a particular smell or thought.  Recently, we made german pancakes for breakfast.  And if you promise not to look at the bottom of my oven, I'll tell you about it.

Sarah and Ellie wanted to peek in through the glass.  They decided that we were having Rocky Mountain Pancakes for breakfast!  And the one on the right is Pike's Peak, just in case you were wondering.

Sir Michael, His Highness, waits patiently for his meal, while learning how to tell time on that vintage Tomy owl clock.  No, not really, he just pushes the buttons hard and laughs.  And he never goes anywhere important without his blankie. But just so you know, I didn't let him eat breakfast on anything else but his tray.

Hot mixed berries and puff pancakes.  How's that for an awesome autumn morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment