Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hitting the Books

Ooh...Can't you just smell that wonderful NEW BOOK smell??!!

I really really hate to start back to a full load this early. After all, it's 90 degrees outside and barely mid-summer. But, when you have had a baby in your 40's (think 'way more tired than when you were in your 30's'), and you wrap up your last school year in early May, well, let's just say the grumpy family members and disorganized days were calling for that school schedule.  So yesterday, we hit the books.  And I'm a happy Mama once again.

I always do goodie bags to make it fun.  And yes, that one with the purple 'D' is for that son who just graduated.  I know, I'm a softie.

I thought this was a cool shot- down inside the goodie bag!

Sarah was all-smiles.  What child wouldn't be, with a pile of new school supplies and loads of CANDY?

The older kiddos have a tradition- they set up their candy to be forts, tanks, and the like.  Here are Sammy's cannons.

Sarah and Ellie, most certainly enjoying the day.
I'll bet not everyone gets to take home 2 cute girls when they buy a Rubbermaid tote.

Oh boy...lots of goodies here!  I usually teach history in chronological order, but after about 10 or 12 years of that, I just needed something different.  So, this year it's geography.  I found some great guides, and will be doing it unit-study-style, complete with really cool art lessons, cooking, literature, and missionary stories.  
 
Pretty Hannah is loving it!

Big brother Tommy helps Newbie Nat with his chalk earth drawing.  Some of the kids thought their earths ended up looking like polka-dotted eggs, but I think they were all great. 

Emma Joy, waiting for her turn with Mom.
Ah yes, even in July, it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment