Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Train Will Not Be Late

Add caption

My 16 year-old son Joey created this, and it makes me cry.  Jesus will not be late.  He will return precisely when the time is right.  And through all of the fulness and work we have on this earth, my heart and mind are still on what comes next.  When I was a little girl, I thought Heaven would be me, sitting on a cloud, listening to an angel play the harp.  For eternity!  I really wasn't looking forward to it.  But now I am older and have read the scriptures for a glimpse of the Glory and Awe of my Heavenly home and Who is waiting for me.
Job says in the Old Testament, 'For I know that my Redeemer lives, and I will stand with Him on that day.'  So in our weariness, our struggle, our longing for things to be made right, we rest in the Hope that the Train will not be late.  
He is coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment