Monday, May 12, 2014

When Your Math Lesson is HARD

As a homeschool Mom, I have come to really value the efforts my children put forth themselves.  I like helping my children, but to see them start to own something -a chore, a good character trait, a new job, a HARD MATH lesson...it's just the best.
My Emma is one of the hardest working people I know.  When she cleans, she puts Cinderella to shame.  She is extremely literal and seriously crosses all of her t's and dots all of her i's. Sometimes she has some learning struggles, and hits a wall.  This particular section in her math book has not been her favorite.  The last few lessons she has given me a mix of the deer-in-the-headlights look, and teary-eyes.  But she doesn't give up.  Ever. And that makes me very proud of her.  I tell her, 'I'd take one child who struggles but is diligent and serious-minded anyday over a hundred half-hearted ones who get things easily but don't give it their best.'  She smiles and says, 'Thanks, Mom'.  And she keeps working on that horrible math lesson.



1 comment:

  1. tell Emma that her grandma is so proud of her! I got your card/gift today...thank you so much..haven't been there in a long time....wish you were here to enjoy with me!

    ReplyDelete