Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Danny's First CLEP Test

Ever since Danny graduated last May and worked through the elections until November, we've been laying things out for him so he can choose the next step.  He thinks he'd like to apply to Colorado Christian University.  He has good, solid friends there, and is ready for some rigor and more structured learning.
As we work on the application and homeschool transcripts, we suggested he try to test out of some classes (CLEP)at our local Community College. 

Today I took him up for his first test, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature.  While he tested, I got to walk around on this crisp clear day and watch the Canadian Geese (I love Canadian Geese!).  A bit of quiet and fresh air always does this Mama good. 


Oh, and by the way, he passed. He now has 6 college credits!  (Don'tcha love the beard?)

The program is really good for testing out of classes if you want to get ahead, have limited funds, or are almost finished with your degree but need to wrap up quickly.  This particular test was only $115.  
I took him out to lunch and went by the neighboring See's Candies store, to celebrate.

And, since I don't like wasting time, I gave the kiddos at home a big list of housework to do while I was gone.  They cleaned the fridge, the family room, and the kitchen.  I came home to my happy, busy family and rewarded them with See's Lollypops!
Natty. holding up bunny ears behind his brother during the movie.

My Little Readers

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Danners!!!!He was born so smart, not hard to believe he passed the test. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Your greatest admirer.

    ReplyDelete