Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Miracle of Modern Orthodontics

Now I'm not one to worry about everybody's teeth being picture perfect.  I think we get too obsessed in this culture about perfecting every little thing about ourselves.  A little character in your looks never hurt anyone!
However, when your son, at age 15, has what look like *shark teeth*- you know, rows of teeth, then I do think it's best to get that kid a good bite.  And in this case, a good smile.
Joey had his braces put on almost two years ago.  I really thought it would take a good long time to get his poor mouth straightened out.  And last week, while he was in for a regular visit to the orthodontist (who we love, by the way), he got the big news.  
Isn't he handsome? He let me take some pictures, shared lots of once-forbidden sticky candies all around with his brothers and sisters, then bolted out the office door to spend an early birthday celebration with about 20 guys.  Not bad, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment