Wednesday, January 16, 2013

He Loves Me...

To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us.- Timothy Keller


My mother-in-law sent this to me today, and I think it's wonderfully true. Yesterday my husband of almost 20 years came home with roses.  Pink roses.   

He's never bought me pink before.  We both agreed the new color is for our new season in life.  A season where we appreciate each other more and support each other more.  Where we take each other less for granted and are thankful for the other's strong love.  Where we look back at our ups and our downs, and say, 'You know what- It really doesn't matter.  I just want to walk with you.'
Do you remember playing that game with the daisies, 'He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not'?  I always hoped that that last petal would come off just when I announced, 'He Loves Me!'.  And here I am, a woman whose figure has endured ten pregnancies, lots of (ahem...)late night snacking, and countless sleepless nights.  And my husband loves me.  And my God loves me.  And that is reason to rejoice.

2 comments:

  1. Just feel like I've had a visit to your home and heart...thanks for doing this for us...Joey looks handsome!!

    ReplyDelete